Friday 7 June 2013

Rose Tag

Hi and welcome! Firstly thank you to the design team for choosing me as a feature artist for Challenge 19. This was a lovely and unexpected surprise.
Challenge 20 at ABAC; http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.ca/  has been exactly that:- a challenge in where to start!! The dusting off of old supplies has certainly been a good incentive to look in some drawers that haven't been foraged into for quite some time and I did find quite a few items (a lot with the 'what was I thinking of'! factor. Yes, there were a large number of stickers (which no longer self-adhere), some roses (made from very thin sheets of rubber, which had been an "I'll use those" purchase) AND!!!! a Tim Holtz mini mask which I'd forgotten I'd bought and until now, never used.
The tag I made started off as a piece of card stock with a thin layer of gesso applied to it. While wet, it was sprayed with Glimmer Mists (Walnut Gold, Coffee Shop and Suede). These were smooched together using a plastic bag (thanks Julie). Then it was sprinkled with perfect Pearls powder (Perfect Gold) and left to dry.
The mini mask was used as a stencil, and the flourish was made using 3D Stamping Paint in Moss green.


The stickers, roses and crushed velvet ribbon were added. In my stash I also found a chipboard word 'DREAM' which I broke up to add to the tag. A net and pearl bead dragonfly and some wool have completed the tag.


Thank you for stopping by and leaving comments.These make my day. Cheers, Di

8 comments:

  1. Loving your tag Diane - fantastic use of all those old supplies! The colours are just gorgeous - I must try that "mix" of glimmer mists! Thanks for joining us again at ABAC and so pleased you were chosen for the last challenge Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Diane, your tag is just full of gorgeousness! I love it, the flowers are beautiful, love the way you did the word Dream, love the plastic bag technique - the whole thing is just a feast for the eyes. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty colours - it's lovely, Diane!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tag Di, and well done on using up your supplies. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag - I love that velvet ribbon, especially the way it gives that rippled edge effect. MMx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just love when those old supplies become something wonderful?! Your tag is beautiful and I'm so glad you joined us again at Anything But a Card! Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My apologies for arriving so late to comment Di! Your tag is gorgeous: full of wonderful details and such a creative use of your old supplies. You deserved your win!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was delighted to find out your lovely entry last time was chosen as a spotlight piece Di! The tag you have created for this challenge is super. The colour combination is so pretty and I just want to give it a little stroke too! Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card again this challenge!

    ReplyDelete